Our mission is to provide superior returns for our investors while serving the early stage capital needs of women-led companies. The companies we invest in will have access to not only our capital but a network of successful investors, who will help them succeed. Our limited partners learn about early stage investing while bringing many years of experience as entrepreneurs, professionals, and corporate executives to support the success of our portfolio companies.
- Women-led or owned companies are the fastest growing sector of new company creation.
- Women now own nearly half of all privately held US businesses.
- Studies by the Kauffman Foundation show that venture-backed companies led by a woman typically produce higher revenues and launch on a third less capital than those lead by only males.
- Despite a record of greater capital efficiency and a lower failure rate than companies run by all men, women-led companies receive less than 10% of venture capital invested, and substantially less angel capital as well.
- University of Michigan research supports our experienced-based belief that diverse leadership teams comprised of women and men produce superior results.
Why engaged investment?
Our investors are successful entrepreneurs and executives who have domain experience in our target markets, proven leadership and operating experience and extensive senior contacts at global companies. BELLE Michigan’s management and investment teams are augmented by top advisory council members willing to assist our portfolio companies. BELLE Michigan seeks to provide a trusting, learning environment for investors and founders alike, and to encourage more women to become early stage investors. While women own 50% of the wealth, we do less than 10% of early stage investing. If just 20% of women’s capital currently sitting on the sidelines, could be converted to investing in early stage companies, it would transform the early stage funding landscape, especially in women-led businesses throughout the country.